There’s no better way to round off a spicy meal than with a refreshing, boozy sorbet. Combining all your favourite flavours of a frozen margarita, this recipe allows to you to enjoy it by the scoop!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Churning Time: 30 minutes (plus 2-4 hours chilling time)
- 450ml water
- 220ml fresh lime juice (aver 7-8 limes)
- 100g caster sugar
- Zest of 3 limes
- 30ml Cointreau
- 50ml Tequila
- 1 gelatine leaf
1. In a small saucepan, add the lime zest, 400ml of the water and the sugar.
2. On a medium heat, bring the liquid to an almost-boil and once all the sugar has dissolved, set aside to cool. Transfer the syrup to the fridge when cool.
3. Juice the limes into a small bowl and then refrigerate.
4. Measure out the Cointreau and tequila separately and add the alcohol to the fridge.
5. After the syrup and lime juice have chilled for 3-4 hours, prepare the gelatine.
6. Add the gelatine leaf to a small bowl of tepid water and allow to bloom for 5 minutes.
7. Pour the remaining 50ml of water into a saucepan and bring to an almost-boil.
8. Squeeze the gelatine leaf to remove any excess water and then whisk into the water until it’s fully dispersed.
9. In a large bowl, mix the chilled syrup with the lime juice and alcohol. While whisking continuously, pour in the gelatine liquid.
10. Once fully combined, add to your ice cream machine and churn for 25-30 minutes. Serve out as scoops with fresh mint.