This recipe is rich, full of flavour and irresistibly silky. Perfectly paired with smoky and sweet grilled pineapple, it’s a dessert to satisfy all taste buds.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes (2 hours chilling time)
- 2 x 400ml cans coconut milk
- 400ml whole milk
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds
- 2 x 12g sachets powdered gelatine
- Handful of coconut chips, toasted
For the Grilled Pineapple:
- 1 pineapple, rind removed and sliced into ½ inch slices
- 55g brown sugar
- Coconut oil
- For the panna cotta, pour the coconut milk and milk into a saucepan. While stirring, add the sugar and vanilla seeds.
- Bring the mixture to the boil, then remove from the heat and leave to infuse for 5 minutes.
- Using a ladle, transfer 200ml of the milk mixture into a small bowl.
- Add the gelatine to the bowl and whisk until fully dissolved. If the gelatine doesn’t dissolve, return to a low heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir your gelatine mixture into the coconut liquid until combined.
- Pour into 6 x 200ml moulds and refrigerate for 2 hours, until firm with a slight wobble.
- For the grilled pineapple, toss the fruit slices with the brown sugar and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Lightly grease a grill pan with coconut oil then put on a medium heat.
- Cook the pineapple for 2-3 minutes, then rotate by 45 degrees to produce the grilled lines. Flip over and repeat.
- To serve, dip each mould into boiling water to loosen the panna cotta. Turn over onto a serving plate. Arrange the pineapple beside the panna cotta and tuck in!