Master the perfect gluten free pizza base that’s a great healthy alternative and bring it to life with creamy burrata and a vibrant, freshly made basil passata.
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
Serves: 2 Pizzas
- 2 x 125g burrata cheese
- 125g mozzarella (sliced)
- Handful of shaved parmesan
- Handful of cherry tomatoes (halved)
- Handful of fresh basil leaves (whole)
- 200g buckwheat flour
- 3 tbsp Arrowroot
- 60ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g Italian herbs (oregano, basil and rosemary)
- 230ml water
- 7 ripe large tomatoes (halved)
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
- 1 tbsp fresh basil (finely chopped)
- 10g sundried tomato paste
- 10g tomato puree
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Combine all the dough ingredients in a bowl until the mixture is smooth and still fairly runny.
3. Spread evenly on a pizza stone (or lined baking tray) with a spatula.
4. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the top is firm and golden. Remove from the oven and set aside.
5. Meanwhile, start preparing the basil passata by adding the tomatoes, garlic, basil and black pepper into a blender or food processor.
6. In a frying pan, add a splash of olive oil and the red onion. Cook until just golden then add to the blender and liquidise.
7. Pour the tomato mixture into a large pan and bring to the boil. Incorporate the sundried tomato paste, tomato puree, a splash of balsamic vinegar and salt to taste.
8. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently until it’s reduced, and you have the perfect passata.
9. Spread a layer of passata over the pizza bases, leaving a 1cm gap at the edge.
10. Top with the mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, parmesan, basil leaves and place back in the oven for a further 10 minutes, until the cheese has brûléed. Use the pizza function on Britannia ovens for optimum results.
11. Remove from the oven, place the burrata balls in the centre of each pizza and drizzle olive oil over just before serving.