- 150g smoked salmon, trimmings are fine
- 200g tub soft cheese
- 1 tbsp crème fraîche
- Juice half a lemon
- Small bunch of dill or chives, chopped
- Breadsticks or granary toast
1. If you aren't using smoked salmon trimmings then chop the salmon into small piecs. Top the soft cheese and crème fraîche and lemon juice into the food processor, season generously with black pepper and blitz to your liking. Add the smoked salmon and pulse a few times if you want the paté chunky or blitz some more if you want the paté smooth and pink.
2. Stir the herbs into the paté and spoon into a large or four smaller bowls and serve with warm toast as a start or with breadsticks as a dip.
Credit: Barney Desmazery