Take your taste buds to Africa with this recipe that’s bursting with flavour. With a tangy yoghurt dressing, this dish makes for the perfect starter or vegetarian main.
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
- 2 large aubergines
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 75g couscous
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes (drained and finely diced)
- 25g dried apricots (chopped)
- 25g feta (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 2 tbsp pine nuts (crushed)
- 5 spring onions (chopped)
- Handful of fresh mint (chopped)
- 285ml natural yoghurt
- 1 garlic clover (crushed)
- 2.5 cm fresh ginger (grated)
- Zest of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp coriander (chopped)
- To prepare the aubergines, half lengthways and score the flesh deeply, but avoid piercing the skins.
- Rub in a little oil, lemon juice and sea salt then place skin side down on a lightly greased baking tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 200C, until the aubergines are soft. Once cooked, set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, pour boiling water over the couscous and leave to soak.
- Mix together the sun-dried tomatoes, apricots and feta with the garlic, pine nuts and spring onion then season with salt and pepper.
- With a spoon, carefully remove the flesh of the aubergines, chop it up and incorporate into the tomato, feta and apricot mix.
- Fork through the couscous then fill the aubergine shells with the mixture and bake for a further 20 minutes.
- For the dressing, combine all the ingredients, adding seasoning and lime juice to taste.
- Serve hot and topped with the cool yoghurt dressing.