An elegant dish which spotlights the delicacy of the Dover Sole. Beautifully contrasted to the yellow saffron sauce, this plate brings subtle yet complex flavours.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 4 Dover Sole fillets (skinned)
- 470ml fish stock
- 1 pinch saffron thread
- 160ml double cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- To prepare the fish, season with salt and pepper then place on a lightly greased baking tray.
- Cover the fillets in fish stock then cover the tray with foil and bake for 12-15 minutes. Make sure not to overcook.
- Strain the liquid from the baking tray into a small pan and add the saffron threads.
- Cook on a high heat until the liquid has reduced to approx. 200ml.
- Incorporate the cream and allow the sauce to bubble gently.
- In a bowl, beat the egg york with a fork.
- Temper and add to the cream sauce. Temper: add 2 tablespoons of hot cream to the egg yolk and continuously mix to ensure the egg doesn’t scramble.
- After incorporating the tempered yolk mixture into the pan of cream, cook the sauce for 1-2 minutes on a low heat until slightly thickened.
- Pour the saffron sauce over the fish and serve. Best enjoyed with rice, samphire and spinach.