Barbecued bananas incorporate a sweet, woody and fudgy layer to these rich, creamy dessert delights. Best served with a spiced rum, summer is just not the same without them.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 6 firm bananas, skin on and halved lengthways
- 6 pieces fudge, halved
- 100g 85% chocolate, roughly chopped
- 120g mascarpone
- ½ tsp Cointreau
- 140g ginger cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6tbsp dark rum
- Olive oil
- Coat 6 large sheets of foil with olive oil and place a banana half, skin-side down on each foil sheet.
- Score the banana flesh down the middle to create and create a gap.
- Push the fudge and chocolate into the banana, alternatively each time.
- Wrap the foil around each banana to form a parcel.
- Barbecue the banana parcels for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, lightly whip the mascarpone and Cointreau in a bowl until fully combined. Set aside.
- Divide the ginger cake in each serving tumbler and then soak the cake in the rum (1tbsp per tumbler).
- Add the mascarpone to each tumbler, ensuring the ginger cake is fully covered.
- Spoon out the banana, chocolate and fudge mixture and top to each tumbler.
- Serve immediately, and pair perfectly with a spiced rum on the rocks.