Chocolate, Pistachio Nougat Semifreddo
Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 5 Minutes (+ Freezing)
- Butter, for the tin
- 75g golden caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 250g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 450ml double cream
- 140 hard nougat or torrone, chopped into ½ chunks
- 50g pistachio, roughly chopped
- Butter and line a 900g/2lb loaf tin with cling film. Bring a pan of water to a gentle simmer. Put the sugar and eggs in a heatproof bowl, then place over the simmering water and whisk until pale., thick, and doubled in volume. Remove from the heat, plunge the bottom of the bowl into cold water and continue whisking until the mixture is cool.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave on low, stir and then fold into the egg mixture. Whip the cream to soft peaks and fold into the chocolate egg mixture with the nougat and pistachios.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin, smooth the surface with a spoon, then cover and freeze until firm. This can be done up to 2 weeks ahead.
- To serve, turn out onto a serving dish, remove the cling film and leave it in the fridge for 15 minutes to soften slightly before slicing.
Credit: Good Food