Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
This classic Berlin street food will go down a treat with your family too. Quick, simple, filling and spicy, it really livens up an evening. Serve it with crispy fries and maybe a light German pilsner for the grown-ups.
The Germans love Currywurst so much they eat 800 million portions a year, and even have a museum dedicated to it - you'll soon see why.
- 4 portions of kielbasa or bratwurst sausage
- 450ml (15 fl oz) of tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion salt
- A generous pinch of paprika
- Curry powder
- In a saucepan, heat the tomato sauce and add the chilli sauce, sugar, pepper and onion salt. Simmer and stir over a medium heat, reducing the heat after bringing to the boil.
- Preheat the grill element, XG grill compartment, or hob-top griddle on your Britannia. Heat the sausage for up to five minutes on each side until sizzling.
- Chop the sausage into bite-sized chunks, and pour over the sauce mixture. Sprinkle over as much paprika and curry powder as you like.