Make this veg-packed chorizo and bulgur wheat dish as a speedy supper. It's ideal for an easy midweek meal and you can me it vegan by omitting the chorizo.
- ½ swede, peeled and cut into 1cm chunks
- 150g baby carrots, halved lengthways
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil plus an extra drizzle to serve
- 150g mild cooking chorizo, sliced
- 150g bulgar wheat
- ½lemon, juiced, plus lemon wedges to serve
- ½ bunch of parsley, leaves picked
- Salad leaves to serve
1. Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss together the swede, carrots, onion, garlic, paprika and olive oil in a roasting tin. Season and roast everything for 10 mins. Add the chorizo and continue cooking for 15-20 mins more until the swede is tender and the chorizo is crisp. Cook the bulgur wheat following pack instructions.
2. Toss the cooked bulgur through the veg and chorizo mixture with the lemon juice, then scatter over the parsley. Season and drizzle with a little extra oil. Serve with lemon wedges and salad leaves, if you like.
Credit: Esther Clark, Good Food Magazine.